Don't be intimidated because I'm better than you....

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bin Laden's dead, let's all cry about it

“The world is full of people who like to prove how smart and sensitive they are by copying and pasting fake quotations from dead people.” –Hitler
Wow! That quote sums up my feelings and illustrates how much smarter I am than my facebook friends, think I’ll copy and paste it to my status! Hitler didn’t really say that, but that’s the internet for you, misinformation, opinions and band-wagon jumping.  I’m not gonna get up on my soap box here, because I have a step stool that works perfectly fine, and anyway this soap box has splinters.  I’m writing this opinionated blog because I’m irritated by opinions being posted on facebook, and then I’ll go ahead and post this on facebook.  So fuck off for pointing that out to me, I don’t like you, and as you hopefully already know, all my opinions are the right ones.
I had just gone to bed Sunday night, I was heading in pretty early since I needed to mourn yet another weekend gone, when Dan walked in the room to tell me the big news.
Dumbass.
“Look! I think I’m growing a second butt out of my butt.” Wait, no, disregard that. After he pulled his pants back up he told me that Osama Bin Laden was dead. It being a ten year wait, the news was a little bit anticlimactic and didn’t hold the punch it might have had in say 2002, but was still really awesome to hear.   I went back to bed looking forward to all the details unfolding in the news the next day, I had all but given up on this loose end ever being tied up. I was surprisingly satisfied, as in the opposite of how you feel at the end of an M. Night Shyamalan movie. Water killed the aliens? Really? But as I drifted off, I couldn’t help but wonder what stupid posts on facebook were gonna pop up and annoy me the next day.
There was some negativity, like ‘this doesn’t really solve anything and we’re still in a financial crisis’ and general whining like that. And that’s kind of like winning the lottery and complaining about the taxes. I didn’t really see any ‘experts’ coming out with conspiracy theories, so that was good. And there was  little picking on Obama for ‘taking too much credit’ which was annoying since he’s the president and I didn’t hear him say he was the one who shot Bin Laden, but there wasn’t even a lot of that. And then this status started happening:
 ‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." --Martin Luther King, Jr.
Seeing this photo makes me want to quote Martin Luther King
The above turned out to not actually be a real quote, which is hilarious.  Parts of it were from the Rev’s mouth, the rest was re-appropriated by Penn…of Penn and Teller, the magician…on Twitter.  So a bunch of people (wimps) copy and pasted it so we would all feel bad for not being as sensitive and enlightened as they are.  And maybe I’m not the best judge when it comes to these matters. At times I've been know to be a little less than senstitive.
Haha, Osama got his period!
This isn’t like when a dog dies in a movie, I see nothing to be sad about here.  We’re talking super secret military intelligence and a bunch of bad ass Navy Seals raiding Osama’s hideout and shooting him in the face! If you don’t think that’s awesome, that ‘s kind of un-American and maybe you should just move to England and sit around talking about the Royal wedding.
Maybe some people thought the crazy riotous crowd celebration was sort of uncool.  And I guess that’s fair enough. But honestly, I didn’t mind seeing people cheering and waving an American flag.  Things have been kind of shitty around here, I think we can use the win for once.  

No comments:

Post a Comment